It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:07 am 

jam3ohio

Thank you for answering all happened, there was another problem when moving to host your site on WHS - my The database is installed but does not open the site itself! Although changed all the way to c: \ inetpub \ wwwroot /. In a typical installation of wordpress installed. But I need to install my The database. help

PS Sorry I write with a translator do not know much English

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:33 am 
2.5TB storage
2.5TB storage

Stephan--

No worries on the English we will try to figure it all out together. We'll both be patient, OK?

I gather that the database is not functioning correctly. Assuming that you are using MySQL, Cougar has released an add-in that makes it very simple to install the database program onto the WHS. If you have not already used it, i would suggest removing MySQL and using Cougar's add-in. You can find the forum for it here:

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5374

That link also has a link to the add-in.

Once you have MySQL installed using the add-in, Cougar wants you to perform a few steps to get it working. He documented the setup to use here:

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/wiki/index.php/Creating_the_Wordpress_Database_and_User_Account_using_PhpMyAdmin

Follow these steps and see if you can not get your MySQL database to work with Wordpress. Please report back with any issues and we will help you out. Attaching screenshots of any issues showing the problem would also help us to see issues and to help you out.

I can tell you that getting Wordpress on the WHS is worth the effort. Cougar did a nice job bringing this to the WHS community. I am sure that you will enjoy it!

Jim :cheers:

1 2.0TB Barracuda® XT 7200 rpm drive
2 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda® XT SATA 7200 rpm drives
1 0.5TB stock drive shipped with MSS
Running HP 3.0 updated software

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank jam3ohio for this post
Stepan83
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:17 am 

I realized what the problem is, essential that open access to folders for recording (such as 755, 775 or 777), how to do this?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:07 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

It's more than likely using the IUSR_YOURSERVERNAME account; so you need to convert the required rights into rights windows understands and apply those to the necessary folders.

A good guide for converting Unix style permissions to Windows is here

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:10 am 

Thank you all, the problem with flip database is permitted to shut off all plugins Swapping wordpress, after included, everything is OK

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:06 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Thanks again for the Wordpress and associated addins. I have enjoyed playing with them for the last few months. I'd like to get the multisite feature in Wordpress 3 up and running on my server. I attempted to follow the instructions both from Wordpress and http://weblogtoolscollection.com/archives/2010/06/02/wordpress-3-multisite but all I managed to do was break my original site and not add any new ones. :)

Do we need to do something different to enable multisite on our WHS boxes?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:57 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Ouch, can't get anywhere now. In the above post, I could still get to the Wordpress admin panel, just couldn't see any websites. Figured I would at least get my website back online, so I replaced wp-config.php and .htaccess with my backups created just prior to attempting multisite. Now I still can't get to my website, and I can't get to the admin panel either!
Some other file(s) must be changed as well although I'm surprised wordpress didn't suggest backing up more than two if that was the case. Ideas?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:14 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Still investigating, and it looks like multisite is Apache only vs iis? Darn! Now how to at least get my site back.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:34 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

ok, I'm completely lost now. I tried uninstalling my wordpress addin and reinstalling, but that didn't get me any further at all.
I could go back further on the addin uninstalls but I don't dare because I'd like to still save my website.

What a screwup. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:22 am 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

It appears that something is left over I think. I can't get to my.homeserver.com/blog. nor can I get to my.homeserver.com/blog/wp-admin. But I can get to my.homeserver.com/blog/wp-login.php?.

I login and I am right back to a page not found again.

Does this help at all?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:17 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

I'm a bit lost where you are now; can you let us know exactly where you are in the process. You reinstalled the Add-In, then went through the config steps or is that failing?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:39 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Sorry for the slow reply, worked today. I can see why you'd be confused. :)

I can still get to the php admin page fine. I can't get to the wordpress admin or setup page after reinstalling. Both the local myserver/blog and my.homeserver.com/blog just give me page not founds.

There is one weird thing as well, though. During the setup of the multisites, I had to leave my computer for a bit in the middle and I bookmarked the page, so I could start again where I left off. That bookmark was https://my.homeserver.com/blog/wp-admin/my-sites.php

If I go there now, it gives me this https://my.homeserver.com/blog/wp-login.php?redirect_to=https%3A%2F%2Fmy.homeserver.com%2Fblog%2Fwp-admin%2Fmy-sites.php in my browser address bar which takes me to the login page of Wordpress. But if I log in, it returns a completely blank page.

I hope this makes better sense. Thank you for the help.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:52 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Try removing the add-in, then make sure that c:\inetpub\wwwroot\blog is empty. I suspect where you were doing things before some files have been left behind and the Wordpress install has become "muddled". Once its empty, then install the add-in again and copy those files back you were advised to restore.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:58 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

I wondered about something along those lines.

Just to be sure, because there is a lot of stuff in there, you want that entire blog folder empty after the wordpress uninstall. Correct?

Is this because all those files in there are created by the wordpress install pulling from the sql and php on drive d?

Delete the blog folder? or just empty it?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:41 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

no luck. Just to be on the safe side, I copied the entire blog folder over onto drive d first. I then uninstalled the wordpress addin. rebooted the server and went into the blog folder. There were 2 files remaining plus 3 folders. I deleted them all.

Installed the wordpress addin which seemed to go fine. Looked in the blog folder and most of those files are back in there, as expected.

But both myserver/blog and my.homeserver.com/blog still return a file not found instead of a wordpress login or setup (whatever should be the first one)

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next