It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:44 pm 
Founder
Founder

Are you able to access your server at https://servername/Remote ? That'll tell you if the websites are working and perhaps narrow things down a bit.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:47 am 

No but I can get to http://localhost/pma/documentation.html and that works fine. I've followed the directions to make .php execute but no luck. Thinking about reinstalling IIS but I'm guessing that would break the WHS sites.

Tim :whs:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:40 pm 

Well I re-installed WHS and CAREFULLY made sure everything was working before I added anything else. Everything seems to be working now so thanks for the advice.

Tim :whs:

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:36 pm 

hello,

i hawe one issue i install this php add-in and MySQL add-in to, then go to //Myserver/pma get "index" page loged in with admin user and i was not able create DB. on pma home was info some functions ar disabled and php and MySQL versions compability issue. test.php and other my own php files worked fine. then i try reinstall both of them php and MySQL, i uninstall reboot then install it again try go to //Myserver/pma again and now im no't able login in pma with admin user, geting error "PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 026F2BEB" that error with "FF" and in "IE" error 500 server internal error. i just wanna create full functionally SQL DB for CMS i just don't know how do it with SQL Consle if posible at all. and pma more comfortable to manage SQL can anyone help me with this issue. ohh and one moere thing i try reinstall php and MySQL 3 times after this same thing getting error

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:50 pm 

I tried installing v0.0.8 of the MySQL Installer and it tells me that MySQL is already installed (because of MyMovies I think) and then the installer fails with a 1603 error.

The problem is I cannot access the https://<myservername>/pma site. It keeps coming back as page not found. Any ideas?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:34 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

lordcerberus wrote:
hello,

i hawe one issue i install this php add-in and MySQL add-in to, then go to //Myserver/pma get "index" page loged in with admin user and i was not able create DB. on pma home was info some functions ar disabled and php and MySQL versions compability issue. test.php and other my own php files worked fine. then i try reinstall both of them php and MySQL, i uninstall reboot then install it again try go to //Myserver/pma again and now im no't able login in pma with admin user, geting error "PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 026F2BEB" that error with "FF" and in "IE" error 500 server internal error. i just wanna create full functionally SQL DB for CMS i just don't know how do it with SQL Consle if posible at all. and pma more comfortable to manage SQL can anyone help me with this issue. ohh and one moere thing i try reinstall php and MySQL 3 times after this same thing getting error

Try renaming libmysql.dll in c:\program files\mysql\bin and reboot the server; it seems the version in mysql and the one in php conflict so removing one resolves the issue.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:10 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

leere68 wrote:
I tried installing v0.0.8 of the MySQL Installer and it tells me that MySQL is already installed (because of MyMovies I think) and then the installer fails with a 1603 error.

The problem is I cannot access the https://<myservername>/pma site. It keeps coming back as page not found. Any ideas?

If the Add-In doesnt install because MySql already exists then you need to install PMA manually. I put that check in to make sure MySql would work, and also wouldnt affect any systems that already had it installed.

I may be wrong but i thought myMovies used Sql Express rather than MySql though?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:19 am 

Ok, you would probably know better than I about which SQL MyMovies uses. I know next to nothing about SQL.

If MyMovies doesn't use MySQL, then I think I know why I cannot install 0.0.8. I had 0.0.5 installed and I uninstalled it thinking that 0.0.8 was an overall MySQL update. If I remember correctly, there was a problem with the uninstall, but I didn't pay that close attention to it.

If I were to delete the remaining files from the previous installation, would that be enough for 0.0.8 to install correctly? Or will I have to go mucking around in the registry?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:27 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Yep; removing the contents of c:\program files\mysql should be sufficent to get it to install

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:34 pm 

...Okay... And what if I there is no mysql folder in C:\Program Files?

There was a C:\mysql folder and a D:\MySQL Databases. Both of which have been deleted. Installer 0.0.8 still claims MySQL is installed in the system and then give me error code 1603.

There is however, C:\Microsoft SQL Server. Could this be affecting the installer?

A quick search of the registry showed me there are 0.0.5 and 0.0.8 entries at: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows Home Server/KnownAdditions/. I realize these are needed for Add-ins to work, but should the entries for add-ins that have been uninstalled be removed?

Attachments:
mysql_reg1.jpg
mysql_reg1.jpg [ 176.94 KiB | Viewed 30901 times ]
Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:20 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

If its still failing mysql.exe still exists on your machine, maybe in the recycle bin?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:09 pm 

I cannot find mysql.exe anywhere on my server. I have hidden files & folders visible and MS Search 4 can't find that file.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:15 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

Ok, it will be there somewhere. have a look in the additions*.log from when the install fails out of C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Home Server\logs. It might reveal where the file is.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:15 pm 
MVP/Moderator
MVP/Moderator

Did you empty the Recycle Bin?

EX475, 2 GB, LE-1640
PC1: Vista-->W7 Ultimate/32, (D-Drive RAID-5 Array)
PC2: Lenovo Laptop, Win XP Home SP3
2xLinksys WRT54G v1.1 and 2xNetGear GS105 Gbit switch

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:41 pm 

The recycle bin has been emptied many times.

But for some inexplicable reason, I came back from lunch today and the installer ran without a hitch. I don't know what changed from the last attempt yesterday, but it now works. Thanks for all the help.

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next