It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:49 am 

Hi,
I had no space left on my USB Drive, so I tried to delete the current backup. This process is running since 14 hours and nothing seems to be happened. The current backup has 357 GB. The application eventlog is flooded with warnings from CqvSvc.exe "Exception occured: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException", event-ID 9000, unspecified error: -2147217019(0x80041185). This is a generic database related OleDb Exception in the System.Data namespace. Does BDBB working with .Net framework and OleDb methods?
What could I do? Restart the server? Waiting...?
Thanks a lot
Roland

Edit: Sorry, I posted in wrong level - I just wanted to post here: WHS Backup Database-Backup (BDBB) Add-In version 1.0.2.2

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:11 am 
Founder
Founder

BDBB works with the .NET framework but does not use OleDb. That exception you shared is coming from CqvSvc, not BDBB. If you are just deleting one of your BDBB backups, it should not hurt anything to reset the server console and try the delete again. If it fails again, your USB drive may be having issues.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:12 pm 

Hi Alex,
the message "Deleting backup..." did not disappear, meanwhile I restartet the server and everything seems to be ok, the space on the USB HDD was cleared. I uninstalled Version 1.0.2.2 and installed 1.0.3.3. I currently started a new backup.
Right now I figured out that the CqvSvc.exe provides Home Server health status to the Console QuickView Media Center add-in.
Thanks a lot
Roland

Thanks