It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:31 pm 

yakuza wrote:
So that's not a popup, that's a log message, and is a benign message at that. If the behavior changed with the new .exe (I'd recommend you reboot a couple times to be sure), then I'd suggest you uninstall the add-in completely and see if the issue goes away entirely.
I rebooted several more times, it kept happening.

I then tried uninstalling the Add-in through the console and the issue stopped completely. No SCM prompts, no nothing. Firefly's still running fine.

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:37 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

It's on the server, and the file should have been delivered as part of the add-in. Probably easier to remove and retry the add-in and see if it fixes it, if not check the contents of c:\inetpub\wwwroot\fireplay on the server and let me know if its there.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank Cougar for this post
amazingpr
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:42 pm 
Founder
Founder

Shidoshi wrote:
I rebooted several more times, it kept happening.

I then tried uninstalling the Add-in through the console and the issue stopped completely. No SCM prompts, no nothing. Firefly's still running fine.

Has the behavior changed with my test exe? Meaning, is the prompt occurring more quickly than with the released exe?

You rebooted after uninstalling the add-in?

Try installing the Add-In again, and disable the service in the management console and reboot. This will narrow things down to just the service.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:53 pm 

Cougar wrote:
It's on the server, and the file should have been delivered as part of the add-in. Probably easier to remove and retry the add-in and see if it fixes it, if not check the contents of c:\inetpub\wwwroot\fireplay on the server and let me know if its there.

I checked my server remotely and in my haste, realized I only removed the previous version add-in. When I return home from work I will install the new version THIS TIME. Thank you very much for your reply!

Last edited by amazingpr on Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:08 pm 

yakuza wrote:
Has the behavior changed with my test exe? Meaning, is the prompt occurring more quickly than with the released exe?
Yes, it was. Within 20 to 30 seconds (which, honestly, I could live with)...two seconds after the SCM prompt, normal (enough) service resumes...so, I figure it adds an extra 22-35 seconds (average) onto the time of a cold boot.

Quote:
You rebooted after uninstalling the add-in?
Yes. And checked the Event Monitor to ensure there weren't any errors or warnings issued. There were none. I thought it might also have been Firefly creating it (using the 1695...or whatever svn snapshot for the Windows binary is most recent), but it doesn't appear to be.

Quote:
Try installing the Add-In again, and disable the service in the management console and reboot. This will narrow things down to just the service.
I shall try to do so over this weekend. I understand that there are quite a few MSS owners who are using this with no problem, and am well aware that it could be something particular about my setup that'd cause it, I just don't know what it could be.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:37 am 
Founder
Founder

Yup, I've talked with Nigel and we're pretty much stumped. :-k If you're the only one having the issue, you can use the test .exe I sent you as a workaround, though I'd love to figure out what's going on.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:37 am 

Shidoshi wrote:
yakuza wrote:
That is really blowing my mind, I have no clue how this could be preventing your server from getting an IP address. Can you share the Informational message that occurs right after the Warning, please? I'd also like to see the specific prompt that you must acknowledge. Is the FirePlayWHS Service Started or Stopped in the Services management console after you acknowledge the prompt?
Certainly...

Attachment:
Screencap.png

I have the same error with the latest version of FirePlay. After reboot I get the warning that at least one service or driver failed to start. But I can't find any error in the event viewer, Firefly server and Fireplay work afterwards. Only the warning popup after the reboot is what I see.

Is there any solution to this yet?

Greetings,

Nic

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:35 pm 

cgsalomon wrote:
Hi all,

I am having the same problem as jason_j_a:

I can get it to work internally by using http://hpserver/FirePlay but when I use http://mydomain.homeserver.com/FirePlay it loads the page but not the library.

I've forwarded port 9999 to my WHS, but still no luck. Any hints?

I am testing it away from home and my network and the router is configured so that port 9999 is being forwarded to my home server. Any thoughts?

I'm having a similar issue. When I am sitting at home at one of my WHS client PCs, I can successfully access fireplay and all my music via:
1) http://server/FirePlay
2) http://IP/FirePlay
3) http://server.homeserver.com/FirePlay

However, when I am at a REMOTE PC and try to access via either address 2 or 3 above, FirePlay appears, but I get the message "Connecting to http://server.homeserver.com:9999" and my music library does not show up.

My router port 9999 is forwarded properly according to the router setup screen and all my other WHS remote access stuff is working fine.

Could it be a setting in my remote PC Internet Explorer options (where I'm at we're only using IE6)?

The only suggestion I can find that I have yet to try is to reboot my router, which I can't do until I get home at the end of the day today.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers,
Chris

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:47 pm 
Founder
Founder

Slow, have you tried from anywhere besides work? It's possible your work place blocks outgoing port 9999, you should have a friend or family member try, or PM me your URL and I can try it.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:49 pm 
Founder
Founder

Slow sent me his URL, and it worked fine for me in IE7 and FF3, but failed in IE6, so we believe that is also the issue he is experiencing as his work hasn't upgraded from IE6 yet.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank yakuza for this post
slow1234
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:12 am 

saaiberke wrote:
yakuza wrote:
That is really blowing my mind, I have no clue how this could be preventing your server from getting an IP address. Can you share the Informational message that occurs right after the Warning, please? I'd also like to see the specific prompt that you must acknowledge. Is the FirePlayWHS Service Started or Stopped in the Services management console after you acknowledge the prompt?

I have the same error with the latest version of FirePlay. After reboot I get the warning that at least one service or driver failed to start. But I can't find any error in the event viewer, Firefly server and Fireplay work afterwards. Only the warning popup after the reboot is what I see.

Is there any solution to this yet?

Greetings,

Nic

Same here, I am getting the same error message upon WHS startup; at the CTRL+ALT+DEL prompt before even logging on to the desktop. And like Nic, I do not see any error messages in Event Viewer.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:52 am 
Founder
Founder

I think the message is benign, but don't like that it's happening. I've got some ideas on improving the way the service works as well as making some checks to notify if the Bonjour or Firefly services aren't running, and will be making some changes that Cougar can release in the near future.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:48 am 

New WHS user here. I installed, "Firefly Media Server (svn-1696).exe", Bonjour, Fireplay Addin all succesfully.

I can connect to fireplay from both the wan and lan side of my router, the interface shows up fine and it says "connected to firefly media server" in the top left. However it doesn't show any of my music. Any idea's?

I don't use itunes in any shape or form, do i need to install that too on the client/server?

EDIT: just noticed in the settings tab in the whs console, there is no tab for fireplay: should there be one?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:38 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

There isnt a tab so thats OK, but have you configured firefly to point to your music folder? Can you http://servername:9999 ?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:22 pm 

Ah! thanks man. didnt realise there was a conf file to edit. now points to "D:\shares\Music", restarted the service and its looking good. are any other parameters worth adjusting in this file?

loving this setup, very slick and a great interface.

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next