It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:02 pm 

Cougar wrote:
Sounds like you have the wrong install. Download and run this one on the server.
http://nightlies.fireflymediaserver.org ... 0(svn-1586).exe

Ah! - Under nightlies. I was looking solely under STABLE RELEASES, but there are no Windows releases to be found there. I see you cited an older nightly than what shows from the nightlies download page. Should I assume this is a stable download? There *is* a newer nightly release that states some memory issue(s) fixed. Should I go for that one instead?

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:13 pm 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

You can put a later release on; I run 1696 fine.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 5:00 pm 

Hummm.. OK, normally add-ins are MSI files in the ADD-INs directory but this is an EXE... I did run the FireFly 1696 nightly EXE file to install it right into the WHS's "C:\Program Files" but got an error that Apple's Bonjour is not installed. I downloaded BonjourSetup.exe for Windows from Apple and will install it next!

I will keep you posted. I do first want to back up my WHS before I do *any* more to it!!!!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:18 pm 

Done and everything is working nicely (so far)!

Thanks so much all!

For FirePlay to work on my WHS it required 1st to be installed Apple's Bonjour and the FireFly EXE file (I used the 1696 nightly build).

:)

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank mudsharky for this post
Cougar
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:39 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

mudsharky wrote:
Done and everything is working nicely (so far)!

Thanks so much all!

For FirePlay to work on my WHS it required 1st to be installed Apple's Bonjour and the FireFly EXE file (I used the 1696 nightly build).

:)

Yes; thanks for pointing that out. I really must get the Howto written up for Firefly!

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank Cougar for this post
mudsharky
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:11 am 
2.0TB storage
2.0TB storage

anyway for fireplay to work with m4a files.... working perfectly with Roku Soundbridge but the flash on the web browser only seems to like mp3...??

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:06 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

From the readme....

Quote:
KNOWN ISSUES
============
* As a limitation of Flash, only MP3 files are currently supported. This may change as Adobe develop Flash further.

It's definitely something a lot of people want to see; and hopefully we will see a resolution from Bo for this!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:18 am 

Is access restricted to the website, at all, or can anyone who knows my domain hit http://homeserver/FirePlay and listen to my music?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:01 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

You can assign a "Music Password" to protect your content.

Just open a connection to http://hpserver:9999/config.html and set one.

The default username for the link above is Admin (actually, it doesn't matter what you type here as long as it's not blank), the password is firefly.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:47 pm 

Cougar wrote:
mudsharky wrote:
Done and everything is working nicely (so far)! Thanks so much! For FirePlay to work on my WHS it required 1st Apple's Bonjour and the FireFly EXE to be installed.

Yes; thanks for pointing that out. I really must get the Howto written up for Firefly!

Also in your HowTo ought to be interface usability instructions! How do you

1. How do I select songs for the playlist individually? I seem only able to select to have whole albums added to the playlist!
2. The cover art image is not what is playing but the last library item selected.

Now that I have been using it a bit I see these little things are need fixin'! (Even finding lots of errors in my MP3 tags causing the library lists to be less than perfect!)

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:49 pm 

I have a lot of questions regarding this. Please help....
I install fireplay. Works great. Fantastic.
But every time I log in externally, I am asked to enter both admin password and music password. Am I doing something wrong? If I don't put admin password first then music password, then I can't access externally. Please let me know how to just put in music password so that I don't have to give out admin password to others.
And, is there anyway to block other users from downloading your music? There is a link that said download selected. If I click, I can just download whatever I selected. I just want them to stream, not take the whole collection from the server. Please let me know.
And what is the difference between apache and iis installation? What do you prefer? Which one is safer for my music collection? Which one will ease the server work load.
Thanks.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:17 pm 

Software has now been running fo a while, seems well, but I'm still having trouble getting how to select individual songs to the playlist.. Seems like I click on an album and the whole thing gets added even if I am just trying to add a song from it.

Next, it seems I can't find a way to have the database of the music folders updated...
I added more musin but it doesn't show up in the player.
I run the advanced config utility and told it to rescan but it didn't seem to work.. Hummm...

Also, a question: Can multiple external users simultaneously connect and run their own playlists?

Thx!

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:57 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

formss wrote:
I have a lot of questions regarding this. Please help....
I install fireplay. Works great. Fantastic.
But every time I log in externally, I am asked to enter both admin password and music password. Am I doing something wrong? If I don't put admin password first then music password, then I can't access externally. Please let me know how to just put in music password so that I don't have to give out admin password to others.
And, is there anyway to block other users from downloading your music? There is a link that said download selected. If I click, I can just download whatever I selected. I just want them to stream, not take the whole collection from the server. Please let me know.
And what is the difference between apache and iis installation? What do you prefer? Which one is safer for my music collection? Which one will ease the server work load.
Thanks.

What URL are you using to connect to the server? It sounds like you have it going via the apache method, hence it asking for the admin password. If you use the IIS method, or the Add-In then you can just use the music password.

You can stop the users from downloading the music by editing the FirePlay.asp file and change the preventdownload option.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:04 am 
Uber Moderator
Uber Moderator

mudsharky wrote:
Software has now been running fo a while, seems well, but I'm still having trouble getting how to select individual songs to the playlist.. Seems like I click on an album and the whole thing gets added even if I am just trying to add a song from it.

Next, it seems I can't find a way to have the database of the music folders updated...
I added more musin but it doesn't show up in the player.
I run the advanced config utility and told it to rescan but it didn't seem to work.. Hummm...

Also, a question: Can multiple external users simultaneously connect and run their own playlists?

Thx!

I've mentioned the adding of individual tracks problem to Bo, and that was by design. He's willing to change it if the community want it that way.

Your second issue, you need to check the firefly logs to see what it's stumbling on.

Thanks  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:17 pm 

Cougar wrote:
mudsharky wrote:
Software has now been running for a while, seems well, but I'm still having trouble getting how to select individual songs to the playlist.. Seems like I click on an album and the whole thing gets added even if I am just trying to add a song from it.

I've mentioned the adding of individual tracks problem to Bo, and that was by design. He's willing to change it if the community want it that way.

REALLY!? I cannot imagine anyone would want it otherwise! Can this forum do surveys? I am willing to bet a vast majority would want to add tracks individually.
Thx again. Your responsiveness is refreshing and appreciated!

Thanks  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next