It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:59 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

Hi everyone, it's been a long time since I've been here. I used to be a frequent lurker. I had an EX475.

Today I was going through old hard drives and found one that must have been in my MSS and contains the Data\DE\folders with all of the 4096.xx.dat files. There are some files I lost and I wonder if they are in any of these backup files. Is there a way to mount and view these files if I don't have my EX475 anymore?

Thanks in advance.
Danny

Thanks  

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:30 am 
Founder
Founder

Short answer is no, without WHS there's no way to access the files in the client backup database. A couple people tried making tools to view the contents but I don't believe anyone was ever entirely successful. You also won't be able to access the contents unless you have the entire set of files that make up the database, so if you had multiple drives in your server but now only have this one drive with a subset of the files, it's useless.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank yakuza for this post
dhoppy
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:19 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

yakuza wrote:
Short answer is no, without WHS there's no way to access the files in the client backup database. A couple people tried making tools to view the contents but I don't believe anyone was ever entirely successful. You also won't be able to access the contents unless you have the entire set of files that make up the database, so if you had multiple drives in your server but now only have this one drive with a subset of the files, it's useless.

Could I spin up a virtual machine with WHS and import that DE folder?

Thanks  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:00 am 
Max Contributor
Max Contributor

If there were multiple drives and you only have one, the backups will be broken. The only way you would have a chance is if you had a mediasmart server and all the drives that were in it.
The backup database was the most fragile part of the mediasmart. That data was pretty hard to lose but the client backups were easy to break.
Sorry, no chance/no how.
Good Luck

:twisted: Fear the Cloud :twisted:

Thanks