It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:57 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Recent News:

Post subject: Power supply replaced
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:45 pm 
.5TB storage
.5TB storage

The power supply on my EX475 died recently leaving me with that sinking feeling that happens when something you take for granted suddenly is no longer available. My most recent backup of the server was a couple of months out of date, and there were some files (photos) stored on the server that we would have missed.

I saw this post on the news section (http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2012/02/24/new-replacement-power-supply-for-the-hp-mediasmart-and-data-vault-servers/) and, after checking out the supplier and related posts, thought it was worth the investment to see if I could get the server back up and running.

I ordered the unit from Ebay and it arrived a week later, leaving me with a bit of a weekend project. Took the server apart, pulled out the old power supply, and installed the new unit. Server booted up and all is well. Back in business.

First thing I did was run a backup. Starting to think about what the "next" home server will look like. For now, I'm happy to extend the life my old ex475.

Thanks  
The following user would like to thank chinaski for this post
Comp1962, yakuza

Attention Guest: Remove this ad by Registering with the MediaSmartServer.net Forums. It's Free!