Martin Rothschink of HomeServerSoftware.com has written to let us know that they have released Service Pack 3 for the popular Lights-Out Add-In for Windows Home Server and Windows Home Server 2011. The major new features in this release include support for Windows Server 2012 Essentials and Windows 8. Read below for more details on what’s included with the Service Pack, and you can view the full release notes and download the Add-In.
Official support for Windows Server 2012 Essentials
Windows Server 2012 Essentials is now officially supported by Lights-Out.
Official support for Windows 8
Windows 8 is now officially supported by Lights-Out.
New client context menu command for backup
This command performs a server wake-up, a backup and executes the action after backup with a single mouse click!
That comes in handy if you want to run a backup after you finished your work.
Additional bug fixes and changes
- Fixed missing next calendar events for a task which spans midnight and runs every day
- Fixed high CPU load in client service if server is offline
- Fixed missing status for Apple Mac and mobile devices
- Fixed a problem with special characters in name of IP based devices
- Fixed a problem with identity mapping in Mac Agent
- Changed client standby action initiated from dashboard or Lights-Out Mobile App. Uses hibernation if configured as action after backup, standby otherwise.
- Changed network monitor to better handle pulsed transmission used for example by XBMC
- Changed uptime chart to suppress server if running 24/7 (Lights-Out configured to do nothing)
- Added official support for Window Server 2012 Essentials
- Added official support for Window 8
- Added official support for Apple Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- Added better support for mobile devices in computer properties
- Added detection for WebDAV issues in Mac Agent and Lights-Out Mobile
- Added different product titles
- Added backup command to client context menu (this combines wake-up, backup and action after backup)
- Added backup command to command line client
- Added correct sorting to all columns in computer tab
- Added Polish translation