I am always on the lookout for great Apps to enhance the digital home and media streaming. A few months ago I came across an App called Remote Potato which interacted with Windows Media Center to allow the user to remotely control your Windows Media Center Recordings, stream archived content remote, as well as many other features. Well, today the developers of Remote Potato has just released v1.0 with some major updates.See below for more information, and as always stayed tuned for my writeup which I hope to have posted in the next week or two
- Fully seekable video streaming in new, ultra-high quality H264.
- Stream your pictures / videos / music – all major formats supported.
- Remote Control, Slideshow, Music, Series Record Options – and more.
- Server now runs on Windows XP / Vista / 7 : stream your stuff from any PC!*
- Mobile Apps available for iPhone / Android / Windows Phone 7
- Still completely free
About Remote Potato:
RemotePotato brings your media to you, wherever you are. Videos, recorded TV, music, pictures, it’s all instantly accessible over the Internet, streamed live from your home.
Wherever you are in the world, all you need is a normal web browser to access your media. (watch demo) Videos are streamed in stunning quality – AVI, MP4 files, Quicktime – most major formats are supported. If you have an iPhone or mobile device, we have an app to make things even neater. Never sync your mobile again!