Paul Cole March 7, 2011 at 8:07 am

By default SageTV prefixes all video imports with their relative path, which seems to cause issues with plugins like Diamond and grouping videos together as one show.
You can change this however, if you load up the BMT web ui, then go to configure->Phoenix->Fanart/Metadata options and look for the setting ‘Prefix Videos with Relative path’, make sure this is turned off, you can also remove the relative path from all existing video imports, using the BMT web ui again, browse to your TV shows, then from the ‘batch operations’ drop down, choose ‘Remove relative path from titles’ and that should hopefully fix the problems you’re having (it did for me in the last version of Diamond).

In your final thoughts you say there’s a lack of multiple views for TV shows, however in your last screenshot is the option ‘Switch to simplified view’ which you’ve got highlighted, give that a go and you’ll get a different view to what you’ve seen so far, obviously it would be nice to have more options (I think List Flow would work great for tv shows) but I’m sure the devs have got more tricks up their sleeve for future updates! :-)

Damian March 7, 2011 at 8:15 am

I meant for multiple views being able to see Season Posters as one example (I probably could have been a little more clear). Right now you can only see Banners for seasons (which all the banners BMT pulls in are the same, so basically I end up just seeing the same banner over and over). Also ListFlow would work great, and if you look at XBMC/MediaBrowser there are a lot of great TV Show views (Thumbnails, etc…).

Tkanks for the tip on BMT, if I have some time later I will take another crack at. BMT and I need to have a few hours away from each other right now!!!

Paul Cole March 7, 2011 at 8:18 am

I did think you were probably referring to Season Posters but as you hadn’t included a screenshot of the simplified view, I thought it worth mentioning :-)

Brajesh March 7, 2011 at 8:47 am

Stupid question re: your first screenshot (“Prior to beginning make sure that SageTV 7 is running as a service”), where is that from? I know how to stop the service from the WHS console, but is yours if you’re running SageTV on your desktop?

Re: BMT, since it appears not to be user friendly, yet be required for Diamond to show a movie/TV jukebox, what if I already have simple NFO’s and posters in each of my movie folders? (I did this for Boxee Box, which only needs a NFO with an IMDb link, nothing else). I’m assuming Diamond/BMT can pick them up as is without modifying them? Sorry, just a confused newbie to the SageTV world :).

Damian March 7, 2011 at 8:50 am

Yes, you are fine stopping/starting from the WHS console. I was testing on my desktop PC (which the SageTV install I have there is separate from the install I have in WHS)

SagetV will not use your NFOs so no luck there. I believe is use .properties files.

Kirby March 7, 2011 at 9:44 am

Why is it listed as a requirement that Sage be running in service mode? Is this something special required for WHS installations? Because it is not needed for desktop installs. I am running just the main program (which is in effect then the server, but not service mode) and my extender plays nicely with the new Diamond.

Damian March 7, 2011 at 10:06 am

I thought to have BMT running in the background you needed the service running. I could be wrong, I am used to having the service run on my WHS so I just keep it on for my desktop as well

Kirby March 7, 2011 at 10:11 am

Ahh ok. Actually BMT doesnt require service mode. It starts up when the server program starts as well. Service mode does have its advantages though, and I’ll eventually turn it on once I am done configuring everything again.

Kirby March 7, 2011 at 9:45 am

You can use your local folder posters and backgrounds, just not the .nfo’s. See: http://code.google.com/p/sagediamond/wiki/DiamondInformation#Fanart_Options

Brajesh April 1, 2011 at 11:14 am

Damian, I understand that fanart is stored in a central folder, not within each movie folder, but are posters, nfo or metadata also all stored in that central folder? Since I already have folder.jpg in each of my movie folders, will those get picked-up? Are they copied over to that central folder?

Brajesh April 1, 2011 at 11:15 am

Oops, I missed Kirby’s reply above. Looks like posters and fanarts within movie folders are indeed picked up?

Damian April 1, 2011 at 11:18 am

See first screenshot under the Setup Diamond header ;-)

Brajesh April 1, 2011 at 11:21 am

Yup, stupidly missed it cuz it was so obvious ;). Great guide as usual BTW, thanks! Will try it out this weekend.

Eric May 29, 2011 at 6:56 am

I was having troubles with the multiple show banners for different seasons (as per your screenshot E.G.: FRINGE), then I realized that if you use BMT to import the said shows as recordings it should group them all together.

Eric May 29, 2011 at 7:08 am

Importing the video as recordings should also take care of the issue you have with your video not having the correct naming either (the Arrested Development image below the “FRINGE” multiples I mentioned before).

Damian May 29, 2011 at 9:01 am

Eric – the issues I was having was actually related to issues with BMT. I ended up having to delete my entire central metadata folder, delete BMT, and do a clean install. I can appreciate what BMT offers and I definitely don’t like to bash developers (in particular stuckless who maintains BMT on his own free time for free). It is just a program that compared to how I manage my metadata with other front ends I am just not a fan of.