Individual TV Episode Support Coming To MyMovies

by Damian on January 25, 2011 · 7 comments

One feature that has been frequently requested for MyMovies is individual TV show episode support. This is probably the one feature that has kept me from considering MyMovies as my plugin of choice on my HTPC. Well, it has just been announced that TV show episode support should be arriving on or around March 1st, with public release towards the end of March. See below for details posted on MyMovies facebook page:

Many of our users have requested details on previously mentioned extended TV Series support

Extended TV Series support is going to be the one major functionality added into what will become My Movies 4.

My Movies 4 Pre Release 1 is aimed to be made available to users with 2500 points or more as well as registered installers on Tuesday, March 1′st 2011.

The final version is aimed to be made public available in the period from March 28′th to April 4′th 2011.

There will from now to March 1′st be some maintenance down-time as we are inserting a new server as well as upgrading existing servers for improved performance to ensure stability and availability for both the existing functionality and the new TV series functionality.

Maintenance down-time will be minimal, but due to disc migrations there will in the period be one or two time spans of 24 hours where the service will be in a read-only mode, where contributions are not possible.

Cubanblood January 25, 2011 at 7:37 am

I can’t wait for this!!!!! I love My Movies and now even more.
Found this reply on they Facebook Page:
“It will allow you to import TV series and episode files stored individually on your machine and browse them, similar to what is known in XBMC. At the same time it will allow you to browse your collection as movies, tv series or a combined media”.

Damian January 25, 2011 at 7:56 am

Definitely excited to see what is in store. This will give users another option vs. Media Browser for WMC. Same goes for Dune users.

SeaRay33 January 25, 2011 at 9:18 am

Hi Damian. Sorry it’s been a while since we talked. :-)

I have been using MM3 for over a year and I find it very user friendly. I have built my Movie Collection with this software and am very pleased with its stability and the ease of access to my movies that this software provides. I am looking forward to getting MM4 with TV series support in April. I only have 1250 points. That gives me just about anything I need, but I will not be able to see the early release.

Please let me take this opportunity to THANK YOU for all the great articles you write in this very interesting and fast developing world of the HTPC (and non-pc) alternatives. You articles are a great source of information both here on MediaSmartServer.net and your on blog, http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com.
George

Damian January 25, 2011 at 11:03 am

Hi George,

Good to hear from you, hope all is well (I think last I heard you were traveling the country).

I should be able to get my hands on the pre release so that will give me enough time to mess around with and document leading up t o public release.

Glad you have enjoyed the posts. It definitely gets a little tricky trying to keep up with all this fast moving technology!!!

SeaRay33 January 26, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Thanks Damian. All is well here and I see you have been very busy with then new additions to your family (and also with the projects at your house :-) ). All that even as you continue to support to the WHS/MCE community via your articles. Frankly, I don’t see how you do it!!!

I will look forward to your hands-on review of MM4.
George

Scott Foster February 4, 2011 at 7:49 am

Damian:

Any idea what format the TV media will have to be in? ISO? Folders? Individual episodes?

Damian February 4, 2011 at 7:51 am

Any format you want. MyMovies does currently support TV SHows if you keep them in folder/iso format. WHat it doesn’t support is if you keep the TV Shows in individual episode files (this is what is going to be added)