Late last night the next version of Media Browser (codename Cronos) was just released. I should get it loaded on my HTPCs and test out this weekend. I am hoping this release will fix some issues I have been experiencing of late with sluggish speed and issues with cache.Be on the lookout for my writeup in the coming days. The latest version can be downloaded here.
- The Media type is now retrieved from locally stored metadata.
- Better support for using MyMovies and Media Browser side-by-side. The user can now set the preferred order of local artwork.
- Watched status indicators are working normally again.
- It is now possible to Clear the Cache from the Media Browser Configuration Wizard.
- Various sort-order bugs for Media Collections have been fixed.
- Lots of other bugs have been fixed.
- You can use SQLite and share playstate settings & display settings.
- Better rotating backdrop support. It is now possible to randomize the order in which they appear.
- Using the custom entrypoints no longer results in a full library refresh.
- Improved installer interface that can create optional shortcuts to Media Browser.
- Overall performance increase due to various changes to the cache mechanism.
- Last but not least, Media Browser can now be localized by theme developers and the community.
To see a full list of the tracker topics for these changes, have a look here.
- This release will need to re-build your entire item cache as changes were made that are not backward compatible. This may take some time the first time you enter MB with this version so be patient while everything re-builds.
- When using experimental SQLite, the cache.db file will be deleted upon upgrading due to the above mentioned changes.