3.0 Patch 2 Now Available Via Automatic Update

by Alex Kuretz on March 5, 2010 · 9 comments

The 3.0 Patch 2 update we first told you about earlier this week is now starting to trickle down via the HP Software Update feature. Forum member “TechVet” was the first to post about seeing the update on his server, and I verified that my secondary server had received the update at 5:46AM MST.

You can see if your server is updated by viewing the Server Status tab, or the HP Update Settings tab in your Windows Home Server Console.

Let us know what you think of the patch once your server has been updated.

Andrew March 7, 2010 at 5:14 am

I downloaded the update via hp’s website just before it became available via the auto updater and now no HP items will load up into the console.
On starting the console i get the usual error message that i can retry or skip the add-on.
This was on a clean install of the whs with all the Microsoft updates installed and all hp updates before doing the version 3 patch 2 upgrade.
Looks like i will have to restore the server and try again.

Brent Bourdeau March 7, 2010 at 11:40 am

My WHS picks up the update, but when i try to install it states that this is NOT a Hewlitt-Packard update and stops me from continuing. Is there another way for me to update it? I have a Critical Error telling me to install, but then i can’t…

Alex Kuretz March 7, 2010 at 1:41 pm

Andrew, make sure you try a reboot first.

Brent, are you trying to install this on a MediaSmart Server? If so, what model and version of Software is it currently running? We can best help troubleshoot these issues in the forums where it’s easier to share screenshots, logs, etc.

Brent Bourdeau March 8, 2010 at 10:44 am

Alex,
I have the EX 490 and the previous iteration of the software (not available, but confirmed it is the previous earlier)

rob van der zwet March 9, 2010 at 3:37 am

to bad the folder function has disapreard in the media streamer
i always used that

ladino March 10, 2010 at 10:40 am

I did the update, then I uploaded more pictures from my camera. Now PS3, PCH 110 & 200 as well Oppo BD83 only show the new folders that I added after the update. I uninstalled the update but now I can only browse videos folder with the 2 PCH boxes. Console showing frequent errors & at times does not display stats eg memory, cpu & disc usage are blank. I did notice ‘in progress’ status of the media server.

Tried doing a server recovery but is failing……’unable to configure firewall’ immediately when you click to start the recovery process.
I guess NO more HP updates when the EX495 does eventually come back online

Andrew March 22, 2010 at 12:45 am

I have an EX475. I am confused – my Settings menu does not have the Mediasmart Server option.

Alex Kuretz March 22, 2010 at 8:49 am

@Andrew – This update only applies to the 3.0 software. If you’ve not upgraded your EX475 to 3.0, then you are still running 1.3.

Andrew March 22, 2010 at 1:04 am

Have you tried restarting your server?
If that does not bring the mediasmart menu up then try to rdp into the desktop and running the console from there.
When I first restored my server and installed the update I lost the mediasmart menu due to all hp’s addings failing on start-up.
To sort that out I just restored by server again, ran the hp update, then did all windows updates before running the hp update again to get the latest software.