MediaSmartServer.net has a new MVP!

by Alex Kuretz on July 1, 2009 · 7 comments

mvp_fullcolor_forscreen_blog

Forum moderator Nigel “Cougar” Wilks has just let me know that today he was presented with a 2009 MVP Award for Windows Home Server from Microsoft. This is a fantastic recognition of the continued community support and activities that Nigel has performed over the past year.

Nigel has been a member of MediaSmartServer.net since the first release of the EX470/EX470 back in December 2007, was the first moderator to join me in helping run the forums, has been an instrumental part of developing and maintaining the excellent knowledge base of information in the Wiki, and is the author of the Fireplay for WHS and SanEncore (HP 2.5 software update on EX470/EX475) Add-Ins for Windows Home Server.

Congratulations, Nigel, on this excellent recognition for the time and energy you’ve put into Windows Home Server, the MediaSmart Server, and this site.

Damian July 1, 2009 at 11:54 am

Congrats Nigel!

JohnBick July 1, 2009 at 3:56 pm

Way to go Cougar!!!!

TxDot July 1, 2009 at 6:34 pm

Congratulations Cougar!

DamianP July 1, 2009 at 6:53 pm

Nigel – over in the states “Cougar” can have a different meaning, I am starting to wonder is this is why you chose this nickname???

“Cougar” – “A 35+ year old female who is on the “hunt” for a much younger, energetic, willing-to-do-anything male. The cougar can frequently be seen in a padded bra, cleavage exposed, propped up against a swanky bar in San Francisco (or other cities)waiting, watching, calculating; gearing up to sink her claws into an innocent young and strapping buck who happens to cross her path.”

SeaRay33 (George) July 1, 2009 at 9:45 pm

Well that is a great honor Cougar. Allow me to add my congratulations too. You deserve it. I have certainly enjoyed using the Wiki you built here. As a matter of fact, I just referred one of our new forum memebers there.

Gald you got the WHS MVP recognition.
George

Cougar July 2, 2009 at 4:28 am

Thanks all.

@Damian – I really did lol when I read that.

DieHard July 3, 2009 at 9:21 pm

Nice to see you get some recognition for all your hard work & contribution to the WHS community